How to Register for the ACTThere are two ways you can register for the ACT — online or by mail. To register online, you must first have an ACT account. Setting one up is pretty easy! Just visit the ACT website to set up your free account. Once you have your account, you’ll need a few things to register:
- Your photo I.D. - you’ll also need this on test day!
- A photo of yourself that you can upload to the registration site
- A credit card to pay the registration fees (more on this later)
- A printer to print your admissions ticket - you’ll also need this on test day!
- Your high school course details
- Your high school code
ACT Test Dates and DeadlinesBelow is a table with ACT test dates and registration deadlines. Don’t wait until the deadline to register! You should register as soon as you know which test date you are going to choose to take the ACT. Test date locations may fill up and you’ll want to take the ACT at your high school or close to your home so that you don’t have to drive too far on test day.
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||Late Registration Deadline||Scores Back|
|Saturday, September 8, 2018||August 10, 2018||August 26, 2018||Sept 18 - Nov 1|
|Saturday, October 27, 2018||September 28, 2018||October 14, 2018||Nov 13 - Jan 2|
|Saturday, December 8, 2018||November 2, 2018||November 19, 2018||Dec 18 - Feb 1|
|Saturday, February 9, 2019*||January 11, 2019||January 18, 2019||Feb 20 - April 5|
|Saturday, April 13, 2019||March 8, 2019||March 25, 2019||April 23 - June 7|
|Saturday, June 8, 2018||May 3, 2019||May 20, 2019||June 18 - Aug 2|
|Saturday, July 13, 2019*||June 14, 2019||June 24, 2019||July 23 - Aug 26|
- Are either a US citizen or testing in the US, US territories, or Puerto Rico.
- Meet one or more indicators of economic need listed on the ACT Fee Waiver form