How to Register for the ACTThere are two ways you can register for the ACT — online or by mail. To register online, you must first have an ACT account. Setting one up is pretty easy! Just visit the ACT website to set up your free account. Once you have your account, you’ll need a few things to register:
- Your photo I.D. - you’ll also need this on test day!
- A photo of yourself that you can upload to the registration site
- A credit card to pay the registration fees (more on this later)
- A printer to print your admissions ticket - you’ll also need this on test day!
- Your high school course details
- Your high school code
ACT Test Dates and DeadlinesBelow is a table with ACT test dates and registration deadlines. Don’t wait until the deadline to register! You should register as soon as you know which test date you are going to choose to take the ACT. Test date locations may fill up and you’ll want to take the ACT at your high school or close to your home so that you don’t have to drive too far on test day.
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||Late Registration Deadline||Scores Back|
|Saturday, July 14, 2018*||June 15, 2018||June 22, 2018||July 24 - Aug 27|
|Saturday, September 9, 2018||August 4, 2018||August 18, 2018||Sept 19 - Nov 3|
|Saturday, October 28, 2018||September 22, 2018||October 10, 2018||Nov 14 - Jan 2|
|Saturday, December 9, 2018||November 3, 2018||November 26, 2018||Dec 19 - Feb 2|
|Saturday, February 10, 2019*||January 12, 2019||January 19, 2019||Feb 22 - April 6|
|Saturday, April 14, 2019||March 9, 2019||March 26, 2019||April 24 - June 8|
|Saturday, June 9, 2018||May 4, 2019||May 20, 2019||June 19 - Aug 3|
|Saturday, July 14, 2019*||June 15, 2019||June 22, 2019||July 24 - Aug 27|
- Are either a US citizen or testing in the US, US territories, or Puerto Rico.
- Meet one or more indicators of economic need listed on the ACT Fee Waiver form