Jed Applerouth Shares SAT and ACT Tips and Insights on Your College-Bound Kid Podcast
Applerouth’s founder, Dr. Jed Applerouth, was recently a featured guest on Your College-Bound Kid, a podcast for families with students either headed to or currently attending college. Jed and podcast host Mark Stucker covered a range of important topics related to the SAT and ACT. Their talk includes some important tips and insights on both tests that you won’t want to miss. In fact, Jed had so much important information to share that they broke their interview into two parts. We break it all down here for you, so you can get right to the helpful insights on the tests!
Jed gives the first part of his interview in episode “28: How Much Weight Should I Put on College Rankings?” You can tune in to listen to Jed at 39:40. During the interview with Jed, you’ll learn more about:
- How the ACT is different than the SAT
- How you can determine which test to take
- Applerouth’s materials for student success on the tests
- How to start your test prep process
We recommend the full episode for information about how to be an informed consumer of college rankings and how to navigate the often confusing information in college aid award letters.
The second part of Jed’s interview is in episode “29: What Are College Admissions Officers Really Looking For?” Tune in to listen at 31:10 to hear Jed and Mark discuss:
- What to do when you are running out of time on the SAT or ACT
- Whether you need science knowledge to do well on the ACT
- How the essay portion of the SAT and ACT are different
- How to give a student confidence tests like the SAT and ACT
The episode also talks about the seven factors that every admissions officer would like to see in a student. You can listen to the full episode here.