The end is in sight. You can see the light at the end of the tunnel. By January, it will be done. By March you will know. So close, yet so far away!
As your summer memories fade like daylight into the autumn dusk, you still have a big task ahead of you. The actual college application and…THE ESSAY! It doesn’t have to be as daunting as it sounds. The key to keep it in check–and meet all your deadlines–is to stay organized.
Below is tentative schedule for your senior year–a checklist of sorts to make sure you have everything covered. However, when navigating the very end of your journey, don’t forget about your high school counselors. They’ve helped you come this far, they can still help send you off in style.
Fall Semester (August-December)
- Make a list off all school deadline dates
- Prep and take SAT/ACT if you don’t have a score you love
- Take SAT II tests if your school requires them and you haven’t taken them yet
- Fill out your applications
- Write your essay
Spring Semester (January-May)
- Complete applications
- Complete all additional paper work including Financial Aid forms
- Submit applications
- Receive acceptance letters
- Breathe a sigh of relief
Good luck to you!